プロフィールプロフィール   プライベートメッセージをチェックするプライベートメッセージをチェックする   ログインログイン 

Support for Basler GigE and fisheye lenses

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
Viperius

登録日: 2023.05.26
記事: 2

記事日時: Fri May 26, 2023 7:39 pm    記事の件名: Support for Basler GigE and fisheye lenses 引用付きで返信

Hello,

I am working on a network of cameras to record brighter bolides bringing potential meteorite falls. I'm keen to have the network based on GigE cameras with 180-degree lenses, but I'm not sure if UFOCaptureHD2 and UFOAnalyzer will analyze the fisheye lens image correctly. What do you think about this?

By the way, I noticed that there is quite a problem with the availability of recommended cameras (e.g. DMK 33GX236), so I'd love to know if there is compatibility with Basler ACA1300-30gm or ACA1300-30gc cameras. These are models that are definitely more readily available in Europe.

I would appreciate your answers and guidance Smile

Greetings!
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Sat May 27, 2023 10:42 am    記事の件名: Re: Support for Basler GigE and fisheye lenses 引用付きで返信

Hi
Quote:
I am working on a network of cameras to record brighter bolides bringing potential meteorite falls. I'm keen to have the network based on GigE cameras with 180-degree lenses, but I'm not sure if UFOCaptureHD2 and UFOAnalyzer will analyze the fisheye lens image correctly. What do you think about this?

The problems in using fisheye lens on UFOCaptureHD2 and UFOAnalyzerV4 are only about seisitivity and accuracy. There is no functinal one.
There are some stations that uses near-all sky lens for many years, but they are not many.
Most of the stations uses multiple narrower FOV systems for the detection sensitibity, measurement accuracy, and the vividness of the video scene.
The typical problems on using fish-eye lens are as below.
1. Bright lens that has small F,(ex. F < 1.4)) and matches the camera is very hard to obtain.
2. Enough refference stars for the measurement cannot be seen in the FOV.
3. Protection from the direct Sun light in daytime is difficult.
(As for 2.,on some cameras, slower shutter(such as 1 sec) or higher gain (even S/N is too bad for observation) could be used to get faint star images in FOV parameters decision.)
Thus... I still recommend using up to 90 degree FOV system, and using multiple cameras for wider sky area.

Quote:
I'd love to know if there is compatibility with Basler ACA1300-30gm or ACA1300-30gc cameras.

As for camera, the points that should be considered in using UFOCapture are...
1. Sensitivity
2. Whether the device driver provided by camera manufactuerer supports Windows DirectShow uncompressed video capture interface.
3. Availability of a bright lens that covers the desired FOV.
4. Whether the camera can be put into the desired operating mode by simply turning the power, or it can be powered on all the time.

Some of Blaster's cameras have been used in the past and may be usable, but compatibility is very delicate, so you must test actually with the latest drivers.
But ICX445AL used by Basler ACA1300-30gm is an older sensor and may not be sensitive enough. I recommend to select one that uses latest Sony Starvis sensors.
See the figure on a topic below, it is a sample of well working systems.
https://sonotaco.jp/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3530&start=20
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Viperius

登録日: 2023.05.26
記事: 2

記事日時: Sat May 27, 2023 8:18 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Thank you so much for the great advice! I've analyzed the schematics of your meteor station - it looks impressive.

I would preferably use mirrorless cameras, but I want to limit cables, keep the station compact, and fully weatherproof. I also don't know how to manage the power supply of such a camera (especially turning it on and off at the right time). Hence came the vision of a single, small camera with a wide lens, powered via PoE (or a 12V power supply).

I see that you used IMX327-based cameras in your station. I like that, especially since AHD to USB converters are common. I think I'll go in that direction...
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます