プロフィールプロフィール   プライベートメッセージをチェックするプライベートメッセージをチェックする   ログインログイン 

Problems with scintillation mask in Analyzer

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
Bob Lambert

登録日: 2020.12.17
記事: 17

記事日時: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:47 am    記事の件名: Problems with scintillation mask in Analyzer 引用付きで返信

Greetings,
We are trying to refine our profile in UFO Analyzer V2.48. Camera is a Watec WAT-910 HX/RC, lens is a Theia SY125A, capture card is a Happauge ImpactVCB-e, Windows 10 Pro. We tried using a current capture image that shows familiar stars (first image). When we click on Mask Editor, we get the mess you see in the second image. We cannot pick out our own stars to align as there is too much of a mess in the scintillation mask. What are we doing wrong?

Location is 41degrees, 29 min., 12.5 sec N, 73degrees, 19 min, 23.8 sec. W.

Thanks,
Roger

UFOAnalyzeMask.jpg
 説明:
 ファイルサイズ:  147.59 KB
 閲覧数:  6418 回

UFOAnalyzeMask.jpg

UFO Analyzer.jpg
 説明:
 ファイルサイズ:  147.97 KB
 閲覧数:  6418 回

UFO Analyzer.jpg

トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:22 pm    記事の件名: Re: Problems with scintillation mask in Analyzer 引用付きで返信

Hi
It is common problem that many observer firstly faced. It is the matter of settings of capturing.

The first point is to get the appropriate scintillation mask pattern. Not too many, not too less.
The tuning of scintillation mask can be done by SMlevel and SMsize in the Input sheet Video trigger section.
You should check MaskW check box ON to see the masks while you are tuning the SMlevel.
It must be done in the night on the actual live FOV.

At a glance, I think your video has too much noise, try to set AGC low to reduce the noise.
If you cannot see enough the reference stars for the profile making, try to set the shutter speed low temporally by the function of 910HX/RC for profile making.
But be aware that the slow shutter is only for profile making but never for the meteor detection.

If you cannot get good parameters even on the good mask pattern, send me the M*P.bmp and M*M.bmp, may be I can help you.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Bob Lambert

記事日時: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:48 am    記事の件名: Problems with scintillation mask in Analyzer 引用付きで返信

Thank you. I will let you know how it goes.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Bob Lambert

記事日時: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:31 am    記事の件名: Problems with scintillation mask in Analyzer 引用付きで返信

Success! Making adjustments to SMlevel and SMsize gave us a much better mask. As you can see, we still have to adjust our alignment, but now we can see what we are doing. Thank you very much.

NewAnalyzerMask.jpg
 説明:
 ファイルサイズ:  147.14 KB
 閲覧数:  6339 回

NewAnalyzerMask.jpg

トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Bob Lambert

記事日時: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:38 am    記事の件名: Problems with scintillation mask in Analyzer 引用付きで返信

Hello again,
Another question about the mask for UFO Analyzer. We created a mask, matched yellow stars with our blue stars in a clip with many stars visible, then saved the profile. But when we analyze clips from any night with this profile, some of the clips show the mask is aligned with our stars, in some of the clips the stars are not aligned. Is this normal? If we use the "read P" button to align the stars, then "save A", they will stay aligned. But why do we need to do this? Is this more accurate? Thanks again,

Roger
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:21 pm    記事の件名: Re: Problems with scintillation mask in Analyzer 引用付きで返信

Bob Lambert wrote:
Hello again,
Another question about the mask for UFO Analyzer. We created a mask, matched yellow stars with our blue stars in a clip with many stars visible, then saved the profile. But when we analyze clips from any night with this profile, some of the clips show the mask is aligned with our stars, in some of the clips the stars are not aligned. Is this normal? If we use the "read P" button to align the stars, then "save A", they will stay aligned. But why do we need to do this? Is this more accurate? Thanks again,

Roger

I believe that your question comes from the priority of profile data.

For the portability of an analyzed clip data (means, for easy re-analysis without profile file),
UFOAnalizerV2(UA2) uses the profile value in the each M*A.XML (analyzed result), when it exists (means the clip once has been analyzed).

The default profile p*.XML (associated to the read in directory)
is used for the analysis of the clips that does not have M*A.XML.

So when you want to re-analyze using a new profile, you should remove existing M*A.XML at first.

You can do this manually by explorer, but UA2 has the function for it.

Push "Move files" button on Uty sheet to show sub dialog.
Check "*A.XML files" in the "delete only" section.
Push "Delete clip files" button.

This will delete all M*A.XML files of the clips listed in the list.

Enjoy!
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Bob Lambert

記事日時: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:34 am    記事の件名: Problems with scintillation mask in Analyzer 引用付きで返信

Thank you for the quick reply. I have another question, but on a different topic, so I will post a new message.

Regards,
Roger
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Bob Lambert

記事日時: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:56 am    記事の件名: Problems with scintillation mask in Analyzer 引用付きで返信

Hello SonotaCo,
I have been trying to post a new topic message but keep getting the error message in the image below. I was wondering if we should update our UFO Analyzer version 2.48 to the new version 2.65? What has changed? Will it update my current program or install a new program that I have to enter my camera and location information? Thank you.

Regards,
Roger

UFOError.jpg
 説明:
 ファイルサイズ:  115.04 KB
 閲覧数:  6199 回

UFOError.jpg

トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:00 am    記事の件名: Re: Problems with scintillation mask in Analyzer 引用付きで返信

Bob Lambert wrote:
I have been trying to post a new topic message but keep getting the error message in the image below.

Sorry, this problem has appeared after web system security update. I couldn't find the reason yet. It is almost FAQ, that annoying me.
It seems the error happened by some character code combination in the posting message.....

Quote:
What has changed? Will it update my current program or install a new program that I have to enter my camera and location information?

Revision history is on the SonotaCo.com, sorry it is in Japanese Only.
https://sonotaco.com/soft/UA2/UA2update.html
There are some improvements for the long meteors. M*.CSV format was changed, so UO2 must be updated at the same time.
The camera profile is stored as a p*.xml file in the PROF directory in the UA2 directory. It is movable to a new UA2 PROF directory.

The posting error happens while posting this message, but it seems it does not have reproductbility.....
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Bob Lambert

記事日時: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:36 am    記事の件名: Problems with scintillation mask in Analyzer 引用付きで返信

Thank you once again for the quick response.

Roger
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます