new comer
ページ移動 1, 2  次へ

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
未登録ユーザー

記事日時: Sun May 08, 2005 1:18 pm    記事の件名: new comer 引用付きで返信

Hello :
I just stumbled into this great site and very interested to evaluate the latest download. Can you please send me the key.
I plan to use your excellent for meteors only. Some of my examples can be seen
http://www.ykchia.com/aprmayjun.htm

My email is chiayk1@singnet.com.sg
Thanks

rgds
ykchia
www.ykchia.com
トップに戻る
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12669
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Sun May 08, 2005 2:11 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi ykchia
Welcome to SonotaCo Network.
I will send beta test key soon.

You have captured beautiful meteors, I'm looking forward to see your comments.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
ykchia

登録日: 2005.05.08
記事: 45
所在地: singapore

記事日時: Sun May 08, 2005 9:36 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hello SonotaCo-San:

Thanks for the key and the kind words. Its Sunday evening, some stars are showing in my black and white small monitor...

Trying out the UFOcapture V2 now... some stars are showing. This is the first time for me to be able to do full PAL meteor detecting.

My set up :

PC : P4- 2Ghz - video capture from a watec 902H+ 25mm f0.95 avenir aspheric lens, composite video to GrabBee X USB 2.0. Capture size full PAL. System already have directX. 9.0b installed before.

I am still new to the settings. Do you have a recommended setting for meteors. A screen capture will useful.

p/s Hello Hartwig and Greg .. its a small world... BTW Robert , I kind of like 1394DV but can not run within V2. ( PAL DV )

rgds
ykchia
www.ykchia.com
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示   投稿者のウェブサイトに移動
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Mon May 09, 2005 8:23 am    記事の件名: FULL PAL might be heavy 引用付きで返信

Hi ykchia

Quote:
Do you have a recommended setting for meteors?

The presitting file PF720x576N.ufi may be a basic setting for full PAL night observation.
You can use this by pushing "Read Settings" button in Operation page.
The optimum setting is depend on lens, cam, capture card, and, sky conditions.
So I cannot recommend precise one.

We prefer wide lens such as f=6mm for meteor detection.
I am afraid that 25mm F0.95 ( I have same lens ) is too narrow for capture meteors.

P4 2Ghz might be rather weak for full PAL capture. Because the load to CPU is in proportion to number of pixels.
Please check CPU load by task manager or etc.

Quote:
I kind of like 1394DV but can not run within V2. ( PAL DV )

I am concerned about this. what happens?
1394DV requires more power. I'm afraid of the over load.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
ykchia

記事日時: Tue May 10, 2005 10:21 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

HI:

Full Pal capture in USB2 - task manager says ~84% CPU utilisation so I guess is OK.

I retried DV capture and it is successful now ( last time i use lion battery) when use AC power. In DV capture full frame - CPU is 100%.

I route my composite video in to Sony Video Walkman GV-D800E PAL. My question is the time stamp - are you grabbing DV time code or generated from PC timing? It will be good to use timecode and frame #...

Have anyone try this software on a 4 avi input high frame rate card and be recognised as 4 instances of the software?

rgds
ykchia

I
トップに戻る
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Wed May 11, 2005 8:02 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Thank you for reply.
When cpu reaches to its limit, everything(include hang) may happen.
Some computers such as laptops or notebooks, it limit their cpu under 50% or so when using batteries.
So please be aware about the limits.

>are you grabbing DV time code or generated from PC timing? It will be good to use timecode and frame #...

No, I don't know the interfaces to grab these information so far.
I will research on this. If the driver's interfaces exists, it will be possible.

>Have anyone try this software on a 4 avi input high frame rate card and be recognised as 4 instances of the software?
Mr ITO in Tokyo have been using 4 computers for 4 cams, and had succeeded. Considering the cpu limits, I think his way is best.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
ykchia

記事日時: Sat May 14, 2005 2:55 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi :

Actually i was asking about one capture card with 4 video input.... sound like due to the cpu load it may make sense to have one pc one card...

Tonight shortly before mid night I manage to get V2 to capture my first meteor in this brand new sw, the beep sound alerted me to replay the video - yes it was there!... Got it on tape for tweaking the V2 setting over the weekend.

Also start looking into your UFO analysis program next.

BTW i saw some sprite - red color using watec neptune 100N ( i hve this camera) - isn't this in b/w? how come the sprite is red ( failse color?)

rgds
ykchia.
トップに戻る
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Sat May 14, 2005 7:37 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

>Tonight shortly before mid night I manage to get V2 to capture my first meteor in this brand new sw, the beep sound alerted me to replay the video - yes it was there!... Got it on tape for tweaking the V2 setting over the weekend.

Congratulations!! Very Happy
I'm very happy to hear that.

>BTW i saw some sprite - red color using watec neptune 100N ( i hve this camera) - isn't this in b/w? how come the sprite is red ( failse color?)

Did you say about this?
This clip was captured by WATEC-231S(color cam)+25mmmF0.95. It is true color.
Almost all the color cameras does not have enough sensitivity to get Sprites with wide lens.
So color capture is very difficult.
Sprites repeatedly appeared in same direction on that night. Therefore I succeeded to capture it.
There were only 2 nights in 2 year when there was a chance.

M20040709_204343.jpg
 説明:
 ファイルサイズ:  45.53 KB
 閲覧数:  16925 回

M20040709_204343.jpg

トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
未登録ユーザー

記事日時: Sat May 14, 2005 6:59 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi :

Many thanks for the sprite iimage in color. I have to admit of all the visual phenomena ( meteors, fireball, meteor train-snakes, taurids earth grazer , comets, northern light, reentries, iridium flares, blinking EGP sats, sun dogs, sun pillars, eclipses, downward lighting discharge etc, ) sprite to me seems still the greatest mysterious and interesting phenomena ...indeed a UFO for me.

Too bad here are no report of such things in this part of the world...

Keep up the excellent job in getting them in color and more - looks like a eerie HG Well's alient 'octupus' craft...

rgds
ykchia
トップに戻る
ykchia

記事日時: Sun May 22, 2005 8:19 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

iHi:

Just a quick note. After putting in another data harddisk last night I manage to get 7 meteors logged in by the V2 just finished recording minutes ago. x1 fireball, x1 slow meteor with train visible and two fast zipping ETA in Grus. [ usb2 grabBeeX and watec 902H+25mm lens]

a) encountered bmp read error but after i checked the jpg the problem goes away.

b) meteor can be seen in more frames in avi then the 'blue' masked still footprint. Sound like some sensitivity tweak i need to do.. Good 1:N slider with deinterlaced....

c) Most slow moving satellites were ignored and fast one get detected.

d) To get rid of the birds i think a linear- pixels ( meteor travels in st line) check will be most welcomed

UFO Analyse next ... and i need some sleep first...

rgds
ykchia
トップに戻る
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Sun May 22, 2005 9:14 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

ykchia wrote:

Just a quick note. After putting in another data harddisk last night I manage to get 7 meteors logged in by the V2 just finished recording minutes ago. x1 fireball, x1 slow meteor with train visible and two fast zipping ETA in Grus. [ usb2 grabBeeX and watec 902H+25mm lens]

Congratulations!!
I suppose you can get 100 or more meteors in one night on the peak of major showers.
Be aware of HDD free space Very Happy .

ykchia wrote:

a) encountered bmp read error but after i checked the jpg the problem goes away.

Please tell me the resolution that you used, and what the error messsage said.
I will research on this.

ykchia wrote:

b) meteor can be seen in more frames in avi then the 'blue' masked still footprint. Sound like some sensitivity tweak i need to do..

Don't worry about this. 'blue' mark is using another threshold level not to show too much.

ykchia wrote:

c) Most slow moving satellites were ignored and fast one get detected.

Yes, Slow Object Mask does this. If you want to capture all satellites and planes, set it OFF.
If you want to ignore faster ones, increase Solw Object Mask pixs/s. But this may cause masking of slow meteors also.

ykchia wrote:

d) To get rid of the birds i think a linear- pixels ( meteor travels in st line) check will be most welcomed

Yes, your story is true. But I intentionally move this function to UFOAnalyzer to avoid CPU performance neck in capturing. When in future CPU becomes powerful enough, I will do this.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
ykchia

記事日時: Sun May 22, 2005 2:42 pm    記事の件名: proceeding to UFOanalyser... but 引用付きで返信

Hi :

Tthanks for the input. Woke up near noon....

The bmp i think the UM080 code (?) . Just for clarification In my ealier mail I actually ran for more than 6 hours to get the 7 meteors but minutes after this recording I posted to the forum. .

I have a more pressing request. I downloaded the analyser but upon running it is expecting to see UFOCaptureEX and not the V2 I am using. Which analysser versioo should I be using and where do i get it. Tried other ufoo013 my lhz can't read this file... Please help.

Installation - can i just put in any directory and run the register it.... hopefully this time it can recognised the capture software and i can proceed with live... What does registration does?

Happy Sunday!

rgds
ykchia
トップに戻る
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Sun May 22, 2005 3:47 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

ykchia wrote:
The bmp i think the UM080 code (?)

Thank you. I reconfirm this. I will fix this in next version.---> V2.0091 released.
I guess you used SnapShot and not jpg. For night sky, I recommend PeakHold instead.

ykchia wrote:
I have a more pressing request. I downloaded the analyser but upon running it is expecting to see UFOCaptureEX and not the V2 I am using.

Oh, yes, UFOAnalyzer checks whether UFOCaptureEx is used or not.
OK, I will do something about this.

ykchia wrote:
What does registration does?

Is it about regsvr.bat in UFOA directory? If it is , it register the directory where UAF.ax is to your Windows.
---- add
If it is about UFOAnalyzer activation error message, it means that you should get license key of V1(UFOCapturePro) through Japanese Vector site and install UFOCaptureEx with the key.
but I will improve this for V2 beta test users. Please wait.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
ykchia

記事日時: Sun May 22, 2005 10:09 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

hi

Quote:
but I will improve this for V2 beta test users. Please wait.

OK I will wait. doing the detection first... I rather stick to V2 and not wanting to switch back to V1 or Ex....
Drop me an email when the licence key is applicable for V2...++

rgds
ykchia
トップに戻る
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Mon May 23, 2005 4:46 pm    記事の件名: Sorry being late. 引用付きで返信

I just release UFOAnalyzer V0.64 which can be used with V2 beta test keys.
Many bugs are fixed also. please use this version.
Thanks.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
ページ移動 1, 2  次へ
Page 1 of 2

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます