プロフィールプロフィール   プライベートメッセージをチェックするプライベートメッセージをチェックする   ログインログイン 

UFOcapture and cloud/rain sensor

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
Martin Towner

登録日: 2011.04.12
記事: 5

記事日時: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:27 pm    記事の件名: UFOcapture and cloud/rain sensor 引用付きで返信

Hi,

I was wondering, does anybody use a rain sensor to control UFOcapture? If so, how can it be done?
I would like to run the camera automatically every day, but currently I get some false triggers caused by movement of raindrops on the optical dome, so I would like to turn off detection when my other sensor indicates rain or clouds.

Perhaps it is possible to completely start/stop UFOcapture program using the cloud sensor, but it seems inefficient - I'd just like to turn off/on detection. Could the ufocapture program monitor something itself?

(BTW, I am using an aurora cloud sensor, it connects to the serial port, and generates alarms and log data - http://www.auroraeurotech.com/CloudSensor.php)

Regards,

Martin
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示   投稿者のウェブサイトに移動
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:32 pm    記事の件名: Re: UFOcapture and cloud/rain sensor 引用付きで返信

Hi
I understand the problem of rain/lightning unwanted triggers.
So far, there is no good way to prevent them, I think.

Control of any program on Windows is possible by writing an appropriate windows-message posting program.
So I believe certain program, that inputs triggers from cloud/rain sensor, and sends messages to UFOCapture, will solve the problem.
But sorry, the program is not existing, I believe.

Anyway, aurora cloud sensor is interesting. Especially the comparison of air temp. and sky temp. is very interesting.
Thanks for info.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Martin Towner

記事日時: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:13 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Thanks, I understand. I think my solution is to use "Action at capture end" - I will make a script that will check the rain sensor, and then delete the event data if it is raining, but then send email to me if it is a real event.
So I tried a test -I think the clip name is passed as a parameter with 'Action at capture end'? but I am not sure of the syntax - I have tried 'do_stuff.bat %1' in the box, with no success (passed %1 is empty). perhaps I have the syntax wrong?

Many thanks!
Martin
トップに戻る
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:00 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Martin Towner wrote:
So I tried a test -I think the clip name is passed as a parameter with 'Action at capture end'? but I am not sure of the syntax - I have tried 'do_stuff.bat %1' in the box, with no success (passed %1 is empty). perhaps I have the syntax wrong?

In case of wanting Clip file name, %X should be added to "Action at Capture End" text box in Operation sheet such as "C:\UFO\UFO2\Action.bat %X"
Default Action.bat is "ECHO The parameter = %1 > Action.log"
So you will get Action.log in UFO2 diectory.
(You should also do unblock operation to the Action.bat if it runs on Vista or Win7 in the explore Propaties dialog of Action.bat)
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Martin Towner

記事日時: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:30 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

%X works perfectly, many thanks! Smile
トップに戻る
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます